The mission of Cool Cars for Kids, Inc. (CCfK) is to increase awareness of the issues faced by children with genetic diagnoses and birth defects.
- Developmental disorders are the leading cause of infant mortality and childhood disability.
- 7% percent of children born in the U.S. have cognitive disability and/or structural birth defects
- Over 400 babies are born each day in the U.S. with a cognitive anomoly.
The vast majority of these disorders have a primary genetic etiology. The rapid explosion of genetic information coupled with technological advances has allowed for clinicians and scientists to identify the underlying etiology of these conditions. This information can be used to better understand these diagnoses and translated into improved management and therapeutics.
Connecting groups with a common passion and a common goal: Reaching the highest potential.
You may wonder about the connection between classic car enthusiasts and the families of children with genetic diagnoses and birth defects.
- These two groups share a common passion for the unique and an appreciation for the one-of-a-kind.
- Both have great respect for individuality and both care for someone or something valuable that is often under appreciated.
- Both give great attention to detail, and see the beauty in qualities that are often overlooked.
It seems like a destined union to bring the passion of these communities together to allow these beautiful children to benefit from these beautiful cars.
Classic car enthusiasts want to see their cars reach toward their full potential. Families of children with rare diagnoses have the same desire for their loved ones. Both groups realize that it takes time, patience, dedication and expert care to realize their highest potentials.